Sunday, September 07, 2008

"A Wednesday" on a Sunday

Thanks to my fast internet connection (10 Mbps) and online streaming, I am lucky enough to watch the recently released movies on my laptop. The movie that I seen today is called “A Wednesday”. Guys, go watch it!!! Hats off to director Neeraj Pandey for making this movie and selecting the perfect cast and crew. Naseerudin Shah is as usual excellent with his dialogue delivery and Anupum Kher does full justice to his role as police commissioner of Mumbai and for the first time you can see Jimmy Shergill playing a role as a tough guy………..and he does it in style. I never knew he would pull of this character of “Arif” in the movie so well.

A Wednesday is one of the finest arts of cinema in 2008. The story is about a set of events that occur from 2 pm to 6 pm on a Wednesday. As the movie unfolds you feel a sense of curiosity as to whats going to happen next. I won’t write more about the story as it would ruin your surprises in the movie. One can say that the movie takes few concepts of Black Firday or Aamir, however, the story is unique and definitely not predictable (well……..it is a little bit). Overall I rate it 9 out of 10.


PS: Another reason why I liked the movie is because its short (less than 2 hours) and it has no Songs :)